TIPs & FAQ
Do I need to wear a helmet during “Cycling Venice Lagoon” tours?
Yes, you need to wear a helmet, provided for free
How challenging are “Cycling Venice Lagoon” tours?
The tours are not challenging. They are suitable for everyone.
The pace is always slow and we will stop many times during the tour.
What language will be spoken during your guided tours?
Our scheduled tours are in English and in Italian.
For groups, or on demand, tours can also be held in other languages. Please send us an email beforehand at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for specific requests.
What’s your policy in case of rain?
In case of heavy rain tours will not take place and customers will be fully refunded. No refund is due if it begins to rain after the start of the tour.
We are a family with children. Can we join a scheduled tour?
Yes you can, send us an email beforehand (email@example.com) for any requirements.
How much in advance do I need to book a tour?
Usually a week or a couple of weeks in advance are enough to book a tour
What is the biggest group size for “Cycling Venice Lagoon” tours?
Our biggest group size is 10 and our minimum group size is 4.
Is there any insurance in case of theft?
If you join one of our tours you are not responsible for the risk of theft. This is the sole responsibility of “Cycling Venice Lagoon”.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Guests are responsible for: choosing a tour that suits their abilities, fitness level and state of health; arriving at the point of departure with clothing and gear suited to that season; respecting the laws and customs of Italy; following environmental guidelines and regulations while on the tour in accordance with the tour leader’s directions; respecting the rights and privacy of other tour members. An individual may be asked to leave a tour if the leader feels that the person’s behaviour can cause annoyance to the individual or to the well-being and amusement of other guests.
• Guests are not responsible for any theft of bikes or parts of bikes. This is the sole responsibility of Cycling Venice Lagoon.
• Guests are not responsible for any breakages or mechanical damage to the bikes which have not been caused by the client’s inexperience.
• Guests are responsible for any damage to their bikes or to those of other participants caused by their inexperience or negligence.
• Cycling Venice Lagoon is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; the adequacy of medical attention once provided.
• Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a parent/ guardian.
• Cycling Venice Lagoon maintains a public liability insurance for their activities. This insurance does not cover the clients or participants for their actions.
• Guests grant Cycling Venice Lagoon express permission to take photographs or make film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, as well as approving such use by third parties with whom Cycling Venice Lagoon may engage in joint marketing, without financial remuneration.
• Cycling Venice Lagoon tours will only depart with a minimum of 4 participants.
• If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
• If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Cancellations due to client No Show: 100% cancellation fee (0% reimbursement).
This page is aimed at describing the website’s administrative procedures concerning the processing of its users’ personal data, that will be processed lawfully, fairly, relevantly and not excessively.
This statement is produced pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 – Personal Data Protection Code for those users who interact with the web services of Cycling Venice Lagoon, accessible by internet starting from the page: cyclingvenicelagoon.com, corresponding to the homepage of the official website of Cycling Venice Lagoon.
This statement only concerns the website of Cycling Venice Lagoon and not other websites that the user may consult through the use of link.
This statement is prompted by Recommendation no. 2/2001 implemented on 17 May 2001 by the European authorities for personal data protection, brought together in the Working Party established by Art. 29 of Directive no. 95/46/EC download in order to identify several minimum requisites for the collection of personal data online, and, in particular, the procedures, times and the nature of the information that data controllers must supply users when the latter connect to web pages, regardless of the purposes of connection.
THE DATA CONTROLLER
Data concerning identified or identifiable subjects can be processed following consultation of this website.
The data controller who processes this data is Marco Rossato owner of Cycling Venice Lagoon, with offices in Pianiga via E.Suriano n.9 CAP 30030 Pianiga (Ve).
WHERE DATA PROCESSING TAKES PLACE
The processing operations connected to the web services of this website take place at the above-mentioned offices of Cycling Venice Lagoon are carried out only by technical personnel of the Department in charge of processing, or by persons in charge of occasional maintenance operations.
Processing occurs by means of data storage in electronic archives at the company , whose access to the data is limited to maintenance procedures in compliance with the provisions in enclosure B.
No data deriving from the web service shall be communicated or disseminated.
The personal data supplied by the users who request dispatch of informative material (newsletters, information, catalogues, CD-ROMs, etc.) are used with the sole purpose of supplying or performing the service requested and are communicated to third parties only if necessary for this purpose (dispatching services of Cycling Venice Lagoon).
THE TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
The computer systems and software procedures in charge of the website operation acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data (so-called log files) the transmission of which is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols.
This information is not collected in order to be associated to identified data subjects, but due to its same nature can, by means of processing and integration with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified.
This category includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the users to connect to the website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) form addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (done, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the userâs operating system and computer environment.
These data are used with the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information concerning the use of the site and to check its correct operation. These data can be used to ascertain responsibility in the case of hypothetical computer crimes to the detriment of the website and can be communicated to the Judicial Authority, in the event that the latter explicitly requests such data.
Data supplied voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary dispatching of electronic mail to the addresses indicated in this website entails the subsequent acquisition of the senderâs address, necessary in order to reply to the requests, and also any other personal data contained in the message.
Specific concise information concerning personal data shall be cited or visualised in the web pages dedicated to particular services on request.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary to the site to work properly, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as user name or language settings. The advantage of having the cookies installed in your pc is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you want to access a site you visited before.
How can I disable cookies?
Each browser has its own way to disable cookies.
Here is a series of links to most common browsers official help pages:
Anyway, we suggest you to check your browser help section.
SUBMITTING DATA IS OPTIONAL
Excepting for that specified for navigation data above, the user is free to provide personal data contained in the request forms to Cycling Venice Lagoon or indicated in contacts with the Office to request the dispatching of informative material or other communications.
Failing to submit personal data may make it impossible to process the request.
It must be remembered that in some cases (not object of the ordinary administration of this website) the Authority can request information pursuant to Art. 157 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 , for the purposes of checking personal data processing. In these cases reply is obligatory under penalty of a fine.
DATA PROCESSING PROCEDURES
Personal data are processed by computerised means for the time necessary to realise the purposes for which they were collected.
Specific security measures are observed in order to prevent the loss of data, unlawful or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
DATA SUBJECTS RIGHTS
The subjects to whom the personal data refer have the right, at any time, to obtain confirmation as to whether such data exists and to know its content and source, check its accuracy or request its integration, updating or rectification (Art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003.).
Pursuant to the same article the Data Subject has the right to obtain the erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data that has been processed unlawfully, and also to object in any case to its processing, on legitimate grounds.
Such requests shall be made to Cycling Venice Lagoon.